C330 Engineering Quadrangle
- Ph.D., ETH Zurich, 2021
- M. Eng., National Technical University of Athens, 2015
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
My goal is to design and build networked systems that are secure, reliable and performant.
This goal is fascinatingly challenging because real-world systems consist of a complex series of interdependent components and layers.
My research draws from networking, security, blockchain and machine learning.
- Performance-Driven Internet Path Selection (Video) | M Apostolaki, A Singla, L Vanbever | ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research, 2021 (SOSR)
- P2GO: P4 Profile-Guided Optimizations (Video) | P Wintermeyer, M Apostolaki, A Dietmüller, L Vanbever | ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks, 2020 (HotNets)
- SABRE: Protecting Bitcoin against Routing Attacks (Video) | M Apostolaki, G Marti, J Müller, L Vanbever | Network and Distributed System Security Symposium, 2019 (NDSS)
- Blink: Fast connectivity recovery entirely in the data plane (Video) | T Holterbach, EC Molero, M Apostolaki, A Dainotti, S Vissicchio, ... | Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, 2017 (NSDI)
- Hijacking bitcoin: Routing attacks on cryptocurrencies (Video) | M Apostolaki, A Zohar, L Vanbever | IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2017 (SP)
Honors and Awards:
- N2Women Rising Stars in Networking and Communications, 2021
- IRTF/IETF Applied Networking Research Prize, 2018
Computing & Networking
Data & Information Science
Security & Privacy