If you are leaving before the end of your appointment, please send a resignation letter to Lidia Stokman and your PI at least 30 days before your last day of work. The letter should include the reason of the resignation, name of new employer (if applicable), the last date of work, a forwarding mailing address, and a forwarding email address. We need enough time to process your last payroll to avoid salary/tax underpayment or overpayment.
Appointment Confirmation Letter
Your appointment confirmation letter (proof of employment) is available for download at HR Self Service within two weeks after your start date.
Exit Information Form:
Please complete the Exit Information Form for our records.
It is IMPORTANT for us to have your forwarding mailing address and email address to forward your W-2 (if applicable) in February after your departure.
- Please update your address and email for any forwarding mail at HR Self Service.
- Please complete USPS change of address form to have your mail forwarded to your new address.
Keys, Transponder, Credit Card:
- Please return your key(s) to the Executive Office. Please note that there is a $25/key fee, if you do not return the key to us.
- If you have received a transponder for parking in North Garage/Lot 3, please return it to the Executive Office.
- If you have a Princeton credit card, please return your Princeton credit card to the Executive Office or your faculty assistant.
- If you have any electronic equipment (laptop, tablet, cell phone, etc.) that needs to be returned, please contact your faculty assistant.
- We appreciate it if you could return these items prior to your departure. If you need to drop off these items after hours, you may do so by using the Drop Box outside B210. Envelopes are provided next to it.
Mailbox, Desk, Office, Lab Space:
- Clear your desk, office, and lab space
- Clear your mailbox
If you are a salaried employee, please finalize your Absence Tracking at HR Self Service. If your position is grant funded, you will not be compensated for any unused vacation time at the end of your appointment.
Personal website and e-mail:
Your e-mail account will be deactivated 28 days after leaving the university. Messages will be forwarded to your personal email for a period of up to one year. Information on how to set up email forwarding and how to move files can be found at this page.
Please clear your mailbox before your departure. Important mail (not junk mail) will be forwarded to your new address for three (3) months. After three months, all mail will be returned to senders.