Arrival Information

Items to Review or Complete Prior to Arrival

Visa Application

If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, please contact the Davis International Center at your earliest possible convenience. Their office supports Princeton's international students and scholars, including visa services and immigration matters.

PUID, NetID, and Email

You can setup your Princeton account and email using a temporary password that will be emailed to you seven days before your start date. If you have not received it, please contact our OIT Helpdesk to retrieve it using this chat option (click on “I do not have Princeton credentials”). We will be using your Princeton email address going forward.

Appointment Confirmation Letter

After your appointment is formally approved, you will be able to download your appointment confirmation letter at HR Self Service.


You can start searching for housing on this page. You will need your PUID and NetID to apply for housing.


Please send a professional headshot for our website to

Arrival Information Form

After you have a permanent address in Princeton, please complete the Arrival Information Form.

Travel Advisories

  • The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention maintain guidance on current travel restrictions and quarantine recommendations for those who wish to enter the United States from abroad. Anyone traveling to campus from abroad are expected to follow these guidelines, as well as applicable New Jersey and University protocols.

  • Anyone arriving from other states within the US should follow the NJ travel advisory.

COVID-19 Awareness Trainings

All faculty and staff (including visiting researchers) working on campus have to complete the trainings below. These trainings only need to be completed once.

COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement

Princeton University has implemented a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. All faculty, researchers, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted. Vaccination record needs to be reported at myUHS portal (graduate students) or VacStatus (faculty; members of the research staff, including postdoctoral researchers). Please see vaccine requirement webpage for more information.

Monthly COVID Testing

Everyone working on campus are required to take a monthly COVID testing (see website). IMPORTANT NOTE: if you will be away from campus for one month or more, and will miss one or more testings, please report your absence using the Testing Absence Form.

Responsible Conduct in Research Training

All Postdoctoral Research Associates and Associate Research Scholars in the social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering are required to complete, or show proof of evidence that they have completed, a course in Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR). The instruction for RCR training can be found on this page. If you have any questions, please contact ECE Executive Office at For postdocs and visiting researchers only, please provide proof of completion to

Mandatory Lab Safety Training

If you work in a lab, you must attend a laboratory safety training class as soon as possible. You will NOT be allowed to work in the lab before you complete this training. The training consists of online part and in-class part. Please go to the training website to enroll for the both parts. Especially the in-class part fills up very quickly, so please enroll as soon as possible. For postdocs and visiting researchers only, please provide proof of completion to

Preventing Sexual Harassment Training

All faculty and staff (including visiting researchers) are required to complete Preventing Sexual Harassment Training. You will receive an email when the training is ready, so you can login and take the training online. The program typically takes less than 45 minutes to complete. You do not have to complete the entire program in one sitting – the program will automatically bookmark your stopping point, and you may return to it at a later time. If you have additional questions, or if you need assistance to access or complete the program, please contact the Office of Gender Equity and Title IX Administration at or 609-258-8541. For postdocs and visiting researchers only, please provide proof of completion to

Information Security Training

You will receive an email from Princeton's Information Security Office (ISO) to complete the online training. Please forward the completion email to

Building Policies

Please read about our building policies.

Emergency Action Plan

Please read about our emergency action plan.

Postdoctoral Policies and Resources

Please take the time to review the postdoctoral policies and resources.

University Benefits

Explore the University benefits, compensation, and funding resources available to academic professionals on this page.


Items to Review or Complete upon Arrival

Check-in for International Students and Scholars

If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, please check in with the Davis International Center.

Social Security Number (for international scholars)

If you do not have a social security number and require one, please go to this page.

US Bank Account (for international scholars)

You will need to open a US bank account to have your salary direct deposited to it. A Social Security Number is required to open a US bank account.

Some banks around campus:

Payroll (for salaried employees)

  • The I-9 certificate must be completed within 3 work days of hire by both citizens and non-citizens. It is possible to complete this prior to your start date. You will NOT be allowed to continue working if this certificate is not completed after 3 work days. This form must be completed to be eligible to enroll in benefits. Please contact to inquire about the current procedure of completing the I-9 certificate. [When the campus reopens, please go to the Office of Human Resources located at New South, 2nd Floor. Please review the I-9 information in advance to ensure you have the proper documentation with you.]

  • If you are not a US citizen or resident, you will receive an e-mail from with your User ID and Password to sign in the Glacier system.  The system can be accessed from anywhere in the world.  You must create your records, answer all the questions, print out the required forms, sign the forms and submit them to Payroll through campus mail, along with all the required copies of your visa documents. More information is available on this page.

  • Please sign up to have your pay direct deposited to your bank account using HR Self Service. Select Payroll and Direct Deposit.


A University photo identification card, also known as a TigerCard, can be obtained in the TigerCard Office, located in New South, ground floor. More information is available on this page.

Parking Permits

Parking permits can be obtained in the Parking Office, located in New South, ground floor. More information is available on this page.

Benefit Enrollment

If you are eligible for benefits, please enroll at HR Self Service. Please go to this page for more information. Please contact with any questions.

Vacations, Holidays, and Sick Time

  • Princeton University's fiscal year is from July 1 to June 30.
  • A full day work is 7.25 hours.
  • Salaried employees earn 2 vacation days per month (24 per year). A maximum of 48 vacation days can be accrued.
  • Salaried employees earn 8 sick days per fiscal year. Up to 8 unused sick days can be rolled over to the next fiscal year.
  • There are 9 scheduled holidays per fiscal year.

Please read about Vacations, Holidays, and Sick Time.

Absence Tracking (for salaried employees)

Princeton University uses the Time and Absence Management (TAM) system for tracking approved vacation, sick, and personal time. We require all exempt employees to enter their approved vacation/leave time on a monthly basis online through HR Self Service.

All absences must be approved by your advisor and should be reported in the month they were taken. Grant-funded employees will not be compensated for unused vacation days at the end of the appointment. If you have any questions or trouble navigating the system please feel free to contact or stop by B210. 


Should you need to end your appointment earlier than the appointment end date, please send a resignation letter to Lidia Stokman and your advisor at least 30 days before your last day. The letter should include the reason of the resignation, the last day of work, a forwarding mailing address, and a forwarding email address. Please read more information in the Exit Information page.

Network and Laptop Registration

Once you arrive on campus, you will need to register to connect to internet and printers. Instructions on how to register are available here. Please contact our IT Team at for assistance.

Building Access

The E-Quad building is currently locked 24/7. Please submit a request to have your Tigercard programmed to open the building. We will obtain approval from your PI before processing your request.


If you need to access to rooms equipped with SALTO Locks, please submit your request online here. Lab access requests have to be submitted with a proof of completion of the Laboratory Safety Training. We will obtain approval from your PI before processing your request.


If you need a key or a replacement key, please submit a request. Lab key requests have to be submitted with a proof of completion of the Laboratory Safety Training. We will obtain approval from your PI before processing your request.

Office and lab keys are issued under the agreement that the holder will reimburse the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering $25 upon failure to return each key issued to them. Lost keys will be replaced at a cost of $25 per loss. The replacement fee must be paid in cash or check prior to the key being re-issued. Excessive requests for replacement keys may result in the need to replace the room core or multiple cores. Many department keys have multiple layer access such as unlocking main doors in addition to individual offices. Lost keys compromise the security of the entire building not just the office to which they are issued. The cost of these re-cores will be the responsibility of the key holder.


Mailboxes are located on the third floor of the B-Wing at E-Quad. Please make sure to empty it regularly. Mails that are too big for the mailboxes will be delivered to the Purchasing Office B317. You will receive an email to pick it up.